Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day Fiftyone

Hard to think about being thankful this morning, the news hit me in the face this morning with a shocking story about an elderly women who froze to death. It is hard to image that even a screaming woman who is tryng to get into another persons house is simply ignored. Woe unto thee Toronto, woe unto thee self absorbed, woe unto us brothers and sisters. All I want to do is weep and scream at the world, "WAKE UP PEOPLE". We are made in the image of God and this is not how we are called to live. Where is the hope, compassion and love for one another? News is something that I usually ignore because of the amount of "bad" in it, maybe I too have turned a blind eye, maybe I too have a level of indifference. God forgive me for that and make a change today in my heart. Perhaps I will pay more attention to the news and as a balance to combat this new input in my life I will begin a new blog, one that logs the blessings of the father and his faithfulness.

1) I thank God that my Omama lives with me and has a place to call home. May the lord use this news to break my heart and show a deeper love, understanding and compassion toward her and the things she deems important.
2) For the softening of my heart and a changing of my perception.
3) My gifts, which I will strive to use for the lord always.
4) Encouragement from unexpected sources.
5) For prayers which are welcome and answered on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment