Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

My Crown of Glory

I thank God for his many blessings and for the crown I wear upon my head. Its beauty represents my family and each member within, a stone. Sometimes I forget to polish them and the result is that they fade. At this that I must chide myself and remember that each is precious and deserves my attention. Some of them are smaller; all are different, but each has a special meaning to me. This year I wish them to shine for all to see.

But most important of all is that I be worthy of their display, and bring honour to them this and every day. For it is not the man who makes the crown but the crown whom reflects the bearer. 

My Omama is a stone of rare treasure and hard like unto a diamond, there is wisdom in her depths and even though she has seen many years she sparkles in even the smallest of light.

Unchanging like the Onyx; my Father is one of my favorites, at first he may seem unexciting, but there are depths of unseen knowledge to be explored.

To the ruby that is set around with leaves of gold, my mother’s heart, care and devotion colour it with the richest of reds.
My uncle is an Amethyst which is hard to find, and yet there are riches within once the external shell has been breached that dazzle with delight.

Likened unto Coral is my first brother, persistent unconquerable and a gem in an ocean of blue.

Quartz is most like my first sister, while soft and pink its warmth can be felt at all times.

Tina with her flinty wit and determination is a reflection of nothing less then the sharpest blue sapphire.

As mellow and easy going as the Topaz, my second brother holds a subtle and undeniable calm.

To the younger sister I ascribe the emerald, unmatched in beauty and strength of colour. Even when solitary it’s brilliance shines.

And to my youngest brother I equate the tourmaline, newly discovered and full of potential. It’s true value has yet to be set; however it is admired and speculated by all.

My wife; who to me is the crowning glory, shines bright even in the night despite being smooth to the touch. Rare in the world and deep in mood and emotion, she is a pearl to be cherished and treasured.

Interweaving and joining all of them are members past and future, each adding an element of beauty and giving strength. Despite its priceless nature and its weight; this crown is light in bearing, a gift from he who is great. Once again I give thanks to him who is father of us all. I would not fear to cast this crown before him, for in no safer hand could my treasure reside then in Jesus Christ, my saviour in which I abide.

No comments:

Post a Comment