Total Pageviews

Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 242 Community Connections @ Baymills

It was great to serve with my Thursday Community Connections Crew for the first time this year. We were blessed with an abundance of food and it was nice to see our friends at the Bay Mills location. To open up the new season we sang Faithful One and it sounded good. It was nice to catch up and find out how everyones break went and what was happening in the community. They are having a BBQ on Saturday and we were all invited, it is a shame I will not be able to attend. I am looking forward to bringing new ideas and innovations to the table and try and encourage more interaction with the people to interface with the Church on some level.

Next week I am hoping to have prayer cards with me in order to have them fill out their requests and hopefully start remembering more of the peoples names and needs. If we are asking them to make a connection with the church we should also be prepared to do the same for them. The regulars I am familiar with but it is the quite ones I worry about and probably have deeper needs then we are aware. So readers, your prayers are asked for and needed. I am also going to once again inquire into an event calendar that I can hand out for all the levels of the APC church groups so we can interface all age levels and needs.

Once again I say thank you to God for the abundance and ask him to bless the community and ministry for his Glory. May the volunteers show a level of love for one another that breaks the bounds of normalcy and shine as a beacon to those being served. And may each of us be at the ready with an explanation of our joy and hope in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment