Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 256 Reflection of the Past

As I mentioned in my last blog, I am now focused on expression my thankfulness in tangible ways that will impact others. Tuesday is one of the nights that I serve with the Community Connections Ministry, and this particular evening I decided that I would do more than usual. There are a couple of brothers on my route that remind me of myself and my brother David when we were growing up. Just like us, their father is no longer living with them and their mother is struggling to make ends meet. Now having been in that exact same position, I can empathize with the older brother who tries his best to take care for the younger one, when Mom needs to work. He has been filling in for a father figure and is growing up to quickly and shouldering responsibilities to early.

So I decided to try and bring some fun back into their home. Just like when I was a kid we didn't have many toys, I figured they might have a need that I could fill. Guess what I was right, Luke the older boy was very grateful when I handed him my Playstation with all the games. He told me that it was very appreciated; to which I responded it was my immense pleasure. Sometimes it is the little things in life that bring the biggest pleasures, and I am thankful that God has blessed me and my family so much that I am now in a position to give to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment