Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 257 My Eve

In the beginning of time God created a companion for man called Eve. In his great wisdom he knew that Adam could not make it on his own. And despite the fact that woman was made from man, we are very different entities. God had a purpose behind making the two different and giving us separate talents, strengths and weakness, which compliment each other. I would like to be able to rattle all the different traits to you, but much like most of God's creation and ideas, something’s I just can't grasp. His thoughts are way too high for me and just how a man and woman can be together without knocking each other over the head is amazing.

Our capacity for Love is definitely stretched and exercised on a daily basis; the grace, which is shown in a marriage, is phenomenal. There are sometimes when I just shake my head and wonder how my wife can live with me. Our second anniversary is coming up and I am looking forward to taking a break with her, she is my best friend. And just like it states in the Bible, I believe that we love each other as, "no greater love is there then a man lay down his life for a friend." The security that comes with this knowledge helps to build a stable life foundation and is second only to the relationship that I have with my God.

My favourite part of each day is the morning when I kiss her goodbye while she sleeps. And despite the fact that I am leaving her to go to work, I rest assured in the knowledge that she loves me for who I am, with all of my flaws. Just like I am sure Adam felt when he first met Eve, I too look upon Merna and know that God fashioned her for me and for that I am truly grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment