Total Pageviews

Friday, December 17, 2010

Day Nineteen

It seems to me that this might become a little repetitive and I ask for your patience. With the hundreds of interactions, phone calls, emails and conversations I am sure that there are a hundred things during the day I should be gratefully for but it seems as if we as humans are quick to forget them at the slightest aggravation. Hopefully with time I will be able to reverse this trend which seems to be so prevalent within society. Gossip, Complaints, Malcontent, Worry and Criticism seem to be the norm. May the lord purge this behaviour and change my attitude. Here are the 5 things I am gratefully for today.

1) The ability to walk. Met with a client this morning that has only one leg.
2) The ability to see. My wife has challenges that I can not dream of nor handle with as much grace and fortitude as she.
3) The ability to hear. Music is such a part of the Christmas season and I am thankful that I could enjoy the German mass choir last Sunday singing praises to the King and his birth. 
4) The ability to reason.
5) The ability to speak. What a wonderful gift from the lord, the ability to share with another conversations, hopes, dreams, stories and his word.

My heart goes out to those who have lost a family members this year and my wish and hope for you is that you are comforted by the promise of God that all who believe in the name of Jesus will be saved and that he is preparing a place for them. O Death where is your sting? I am thankful that those I have seen pass have understood and rested on this promise. It brings me great joy that they are saved and are with the lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment