Total Pageviews

Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 150 - Cooking And Food For Thought

Anyone who knows me, knows I like to cook. Fresh ingredients, the exploration of tastes plus the usual enjoyment of the eater all bring me a great satisfaction. Cooking something new is normally the best part of the job, seconded only by the dance of the cook. Were one minute your frying, the next spicing and then the service, orchestrating everything hot and to the table all at the same time, fantastic. Along with the meal comes of course great conversation and fellowship. Creatively I like to break all the rules, following the recipe seldom occurs and I am not afraid of making a disaster too. This lack of barriers allows me to come up with some interesting dishes on the fly. Although I have had my share of accidents, the majority of my dishes have been a success. I guess this brings me to the real blessing of today's topic, the Lord has always provided for me and my family. I cannot remember a time when I was really and truly hungry. Want has not really ever invaded my daily life style and for that reason I thank God for all that I have and recognize that it is not mine, but a gift from his gracious hand.

I had the pleasure of eating lunch with Pastor Jeff Hackett today to discuss the Community Connection Ministry and find out how I might help in other ways. One of the things we discussed was how we can collect food in other ways for this outreach. For those not in the know, Community Connections goes into the community serving hot food and delivering groceries provided by the Church and the Daily Food Bank. As of late the supply has been dwindling so APC will be having a food drive in the upcoming weeks. If you are blessed like me I urge you to help out by bringing some dry goods we can share with our fellow neighbours. What a great way to thank God to give back and share what blessings we have. I think that is what he envision and portrait in his ministry on Earth. Mimic the Son today. Thank you in advance for your support and may God continue to bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment