Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 158 - Caring for Community Connections

Here I sit a couple of days away from my flight and vacation and my thoughts drift towards things I will miss while I am gone. Community Connections is a ministry I have come to know and love. This food distribution ministry; which helps more than 200 people weekly, is more than just doing something good and handing out food to those in need.


It's about connecting with the community and people and it's about serving a need and spreading the Love of Christ through actions as well as words. APC has had the privilege of partnering with the Daily Bread Food Bank and is grateful for all their support.

Times are tough and I know that a lot of people are stretching their dollars to make ends meet. Lately the donations we have received have been a little lean and we need more help. In response to this circumstance our Church is holding a food drive to make up for this short fall.

This is one of the reasons I love my church APC, they are always willing to hang in there even when it is tough and help out anyway they can. So if you want to contribute like I do, feel free to contact Pastor Jeff Hackett or donate online.

And until I return I will continue to pray for those who have become my friends. May the Lord fill your hearts and minds as well as nourish our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment