Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 151 - Work is Hard

Just finished the work day with a 3.5 hour business meeting. To say I am a little frustrated would be an understatement. I have so many ideas and marketing concepts that others don't seem to get or share that sometimes work is hard. Trying to explain a fluid living breathing concept to people who are not involved in social media or even unwilling to learn or try new things can tax your patience.

Still I am glad I even have a job and one that is so challenging, I would probably be bored somewhere else. I love what I do and selling and marketing is now in my blood after 15 years at the same company, Datcom treats me good like a family member and all I want is to help the company and employees prosper and move into the new mobile generation.

We will get there, I just have to learn how to convey my concepts to them in a more positive light. After all if I can't sell them on the idea then how can I sell my clients. I think that like all things, results will be the deciding factor for them. My new blog and Youtube channel coupled with facebook and my twitter accounts will do more for them in one year than our own website. I have already proven that the blog is more visible to the search engines and helps me generate quotations and backing articles for the sales team.

With continued efforts and accumulation of relevant information these vehicles will reach a critical tipping point and will trigger and avalanche of traffic to our site. For now I thank God for my job, the people I work with, and the generosity of my boss, who gives me vast creative feed back and a voice in the company meeting. I remember what he said just last week, if he had 5 of me he would be set. Nice to hear that you are valuable.

Now I need to recharge and come back stronger tomorrow and maybe with a new game plan. So for now I am thankful that I have work and one that stretches my capabilities and helps me grow in skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment