Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 125 - Pride

Reading the Bible tends to have a few side affects, one of which is self examination and reflection. As we meditate on the Lord's words, it is only natural to see if our own lives are in line. I am currently re-reading the Psalms. One thing that keeps standing out is the phrase "Rejoice in the Lord."

Now as a man I must tell you that when we accomplish something that we think is difficult or not the norm, it is our default to take pride in it. Not only do we take this stance, we are sure to spread the good news. I just did Blank, or did you know I could lift Blank and even I make Blank much money. Our tendency is to let others know that we are proud.

But like I said what keeps standing out is "Rejoice in the Lord." Not once have a read anything about rejoice in yourself. So I guess the point that hit home to me, is that this is an area where I might require some work. Substituting the word “I” with “The Lord” in everything I say an do would be a good start. I am sure that this will take great effort, but I am convinced that there is a benefit.

Once I have accomplished this new attitude, certainly other things associated with pride will also decrease. Such as jealousy, hurt, anger, frustration and low self esteem. I guess that is the important part of reflecting on the Bible. Only when I have renewed my mind and understand truth will it be evident in the visible realm. The encouraging thing is that what I read is having an impact, I shudder to think if it didn't.

And so with that being said I will praise God that he has left us with an Emergency First Aid Kit. For you see his words are life and breathe and without the Bible I would be lost and without hope. May my hunger for truth grow and may it's healing power be instilled in more each day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment