Total Pageviews

Monday, April 25, 2011

Day-145 What do I do now?

Easter Monday is upon us and I am exhausted both physically and spiritually. I need to be renewed, my senses have been overloaded like a body hit with to much sugar and now nothing tastes right.

Everything around me seems dull and uninteresting, the daily grind is really grinding. And so I seek the source, I read the Bible and search the scriptures for refreshment. I can only imagine what it was like for the disciples. They too I am sure had a few highs and lows during the 3 days between the death and resurrection of Christ. Shell shock is probably the only way I can describe it, brought on by the highly charged emotional atmosphere both at home and the church. Now that it is over, things just seem to be a little more mundane and so I am looking to renew my attitude. Christ died, he rose again and ascended into heaven. Now what? Well he told the disciples that he will return and to occupy until he does. To me that means doing ministry for the Lord and spreading the good news to others.

He has risen, we are cleansed, we are renewed, life has a new meaning and purpose. I know I must work to change my focus from the earthly world and it's trappings to heaven and the life ever after. I am reminded that the Kingdom of God is here, now and alive and working in my life. The rising of Christ is not the end but the beginning of salvation and his return should be my focus and by correlation the urgency with which I should serve him and live my life. May the Lord bring me opportunities daily to serve him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment