Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 131 - Fountain of Life

To many times in my life have I relied on things of the world and each time brings a new level of disappointment. Which is why we should only place our trust, hopes, confidence and faith on something that never changes. But affirming and understanding this concept is easier than it's implementation. I know that the Lord should be the source for all of our needs; however, remembering to go to him first is difficult to do. I mean growing up we are program to be self sufficient, stand on our own two feet, and told to strive hard for worldly gain.

Only time in God's presence will change this ingrained routine. Prayer, mediation and scripture reading help me in this area the most. I feel great, spiritually focused and on track when ever I practice these things. So I am assuming that with time my instinct will change from seeking my own resource to simply seeking God's. That when I have a need I know that the first and best place to seek answers is at his feet. He is the Truth and the Life and nothing will change that. I also must remember that I am in his hand and nothing can ever pluck me from it. What a kindness, what comfort and assurance, may I find peace and rest in the Lord always.

No comments:

Post a Comment