Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 128 - Audience of One

Once in a while like all of us, I feel like my life is not making progress and sometimes it feels like I am going backwards. At times like these we must remember that this is not a singular occurrence, nor is this indicative of only me. I am reminded of the Prodigal ED story I wrote, which touched on the parallel between my life and that of a parable in the Bible. One thing that I didn't mention, was that this story is a picture of every sinners life and every Christians daily struggle and journey.

All of us at one time or another we have gone our own way. And if we really put our lives under a microscope we would see that even after conversion we are prone to backslide. WE ARE NOT PERFECT. Okay who let the cat out of the bag, Christians are not perfect? Does everyone no this? Does God? Of course he knows, he is God. That is my point, he knows that we are weak, he knows we cannot redeem ourselves. That is why he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross, only he was worthy to make amends for our sins. That statement is all inclusive, sins past, sins now, sins future. This does not mean that we are to run amok, but it means that even God knows that this forgiveness was and is needed on an ongoing basis.

Our responsibility as Christians is to remember that we were paid for by a price and therefore are accountable to an audience of one. That one is the Holy One, Jesus Christ, our saviour  and redeemer. We are told in the Bible that Satan accuses us day and night, see  Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

He not only does this in front of God, but also whispers it in our ears, can you hear it, "Who are you that God should save you, your not good enough, look at the mistakes you have made, look at the things you have done. Why should he care for you?" It is at these times we can lose heart, it is at these times I look for my brothers and sisters in Christ to strengthen me. We are the body of Christ, and although at times we are frail and weak, we are called and commanded to Love one another. When I am weak, he will be strong in another, so we can bare each others burdens. Leave judgement to God, pray for your fellow Christians and be there when they need you without your opinion. Remember that we all are accountable to only One, Christ.

I am encouraged by two things, that I am not alone and even Paul wrote in Romans 7:19 For the good that I would, I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Secondly that my righteousness is not of myself but of God as stated in Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. And lastly I will remember that I have promises that I can lean on, Psalm 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment