Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day -138 Holy Week

As I enter into the first day of Holy week, my mind reflects on Christ and my relationship with him. Like everyone on the planet I am not perfect and despite the fact that I am weak and fallible as a human being, the Lord loves me. He died for me, has given me a new lease and perspective of life and what it truly means to live.

His motives; unlike mine, are always true and because he wants me to be the best “I” that “I” can be, I know that when I adopt his will and perspective I am blessed. Choosing to serve humbly his will does not mean that I will get everything right or will avoid mistakes. What it means is that I am on the same page and know that change in my life is necessary and that decision has a side or counter affect of elevating both my spirit and life.

This does not mean that I lose focus on the fact that Christ paid the ultimate price. What it means is that as a result of his Gift of life I am motivated to change and be deserving of such a sacrifice, and honour God. Once someone else pays a debt that you would never be able to repay it is only natural to show your gratefulness in anyway possible. Knowing that you can never earn the gift you have received also provides empathy for others and brings a humility of a fellow sinner sanctified through Christ.

If you must point a finger today, make sure it is pointing heavenward to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment