Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 139 - Battle of the Mind

Once again my mind fills up with the worries of the world, clogging up my senses and drowning out everything else. I struggle to control my reactions to the ceaseless bombardment of negativity and sense of urgency. I rediscover that this war raging in my mind is a losing battle.

So I draw away again to be with the Lord, my source of comfort and peace. I read my memory verses and try to bury them into the depths of my heart. I halt my wandering mind with prayers and focus on his goodness and thanksgiving for his eternal gift. I read his comforting words and promises I find in the Bible, they are like an oasis in the desert of my life. As I meditate on his truth calm washes over me and I let everything but the knowledge of Christ out of my mind. I wait on the Lord.

I declare to the silence; here am I Lord, how may I be of service. I must remember I only have to get one thing right today, what is God's place and will for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment