Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 146 - Coping with Another Rainy Day

Just like me you have probably heard the words "April showers bring May flowers." While the saying is true, the doldrums I and others sometimes feel is also a reality. This is not to say that I hate the rain, it is more of the gloom and grey I dislike. Sun showers I have always enjoyed and marveled at, especially if they are followed by one of God's promises to all mankind, a rainbow. But I guess that is the irony of this life; like the rainbow, without both the rain and the sun it would not exist. It is the combining of the two that brings out this beautiful phenomenon.

That being said and understood in my mind, I must now download the information into my attitude, outlook and heart. For without those grey and gloomy days there would be no growth. The flowers need water and sun to grow and flourish, while I require both hardship and blessings on my spiritual journey. God the father knows best, just like in the case of the bow and will mix just the right amount of rain and sun for my life to blaze across the sky. So for now I will continue to bless and praise the Lord and thank him for sending his Son who died for me and broke my bonds and rose again. After that kind of a day who can remember the rain while standing in the Son or the dark when walking in the Light. #hepaidtheprice

No comments:

Post a Comment