Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 141 Family Tradition

Here I am writing my blog in between baking rounds in the middle of the night. Today has been long and yet despite being tired my spirits are up. The family has just finished assembling a fine batch of Speck Kuchen for the upcoming Easter weekend. As long as I can remember I have been assisting my Omama in the making and baking of these little treats. The fun we have had and the laughter and anticipation of the first bit are all part of the beauty of this tradition.

You have probably heard the term soul food or home cooked meal and you know that its about more than the food. Sharing with one another and spending time with one another is also a big part. In our daily routines we tend to forget this and can be short with one another without intention. That's why I think that we all really enjoy moments like this. We get the chance to reconnect and bond again, remembering who we are in relation to those around us and how much they truly mean to us.

Easter is a time of reflection about what the Lord Christ did for all of mankind. He loved us so much that even though we were far from him, he created us and still wanted that connection. He is our father and that makes him family, isn't it time we also reconnected with him and strength the bond like we do with our family's here on earth. I know that I need that feeling more and more in life, so when I go to the Lords table tomorrow, I look forward to more than the food. I crave the hunger of the soul and knowing my good father he will not disappoint. May we all remember that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us in order to reconcile us to God and may we find comfort in his Love, Mercy and Grace and remember to share it with others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment