Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 162 A Renewed friendship

Had my first bike ride of the season this morning and it was great. Fresh air, wind in what is left of my hair, blood pumping in the legs and heart racing. There is nothing quite like travelling under your own steam, everything about it is pure joy, the sights, the sounds and the opportunity to coast and appreciate your surroundings. I am grateful that there is such a thing as muscle memory, so my legs think I stopped riding only a week ago, now all I have to do is improve the oxygen processing part and I will be set.

I am looking forward to tonight and seeing my Community Connections crew and the Baymills community. I hear from a little birdy that they have been asking about me and I miss them too. May the Lord continue to bless them and uplift them and may the volunteers sharing their stories impact them. Feeding the body is important but the soul must be addressed as well.

Speaking of food, I am starving myself this morning. This time change thing is really squirrely and I hope my body adjusts soon. I am eating on Canadian time but my body seems to be behind a meal so at breakfast it thinks it is lunch. That means that the BBQ I was able to squeeze in before the storm last night was breakfast. Sounds so good right now, steak and grilled veggies, I am still hungry after having to oranges and a banana. I have to stop talking about food before I eat this computer. I catch you tomorrow blog and soon will review the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment