Total Pageviews

Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 176 Poems to my wife.

I love my wife and here are 5 of my favourite poems on how thankful I am to have her in my life.

1)
The joy of my joy is you,
The dawn of my day and brightness there of is true.

As the hours move in constant precision,
So too my heart, without conscience decision.

Simply knowing that you live is a priceless treasure,
Understanding this reality is shattering when we are together.

You have heard it said that happiness or love can not be bought,
But as true is the fact that to experience it, it must be sought.

So tis with this knowledge locked in my mind,
I cry out and run for you to find.

For if the joy of my joy is your joy too,
How much more if I daily give it to you?

2)
As the sun orbits the earth, so to does my love encompass you,
May my love warm your heart as the earth does the sun’s view.

As every starry night precedes every glorious morning,
May every difficulty be overshadowed by graces adorning.

As the moon reflects the sun’s rays to brighten the night,
May my affection make your every step feel light.

As the twinkling dew nurtures the glistening grass,
May my words smooth every trouble like polished brass.

As our lives come closer to being forever joined,
“May God bless our lives”, be the phrase we both coined.

As I end this poem of love and care,
May it reflect the life that we are going to share.

3)
My Hero

Wrapped in daily uncertainty and moving in continually doubt,
With many bumps and scraps you manage your way with out the need to shout.

Left out by many and hampered by a few,
Helped by even less you have so much to do.

Hindered by the changing obstacle course of others,
And even more so by the multitude of us mothers.

You manage to; like a flower in mire, flourish and survive,
Spreading joy and happiness you are more than just alive.

A splendid example of challenging adversity at every mile,
It seems you never loose the ability to show your lovely smile.

You are my hero and this fact I want you never to question,
Though I am not blind, I see what you see with affection,
To walk in another’s shoes and imagine what that would be,
I don’t believe I, or those close around you would last five minutes not even three.

4)
To my wife of now two hundred and twenty three days,
I send you from my craving heart its ever-beating waves.

Like a drum it keeps rhythm to the thoughts in my mind,
Visions of you float to the surface and with my conscience bind.

Unforgettable and memorable has been each passing day,
Words cannot express the fullness of love I wish to say.

Knowing that this world will some day come to an end,
Intensifies the affection that I have lovingly penned.

Great comfort is found in knowing that when all is said and done,
We two will be together always, between the dawn and setting sun.

5)
With my head on your chest I can hear it’s gentle beat,
It is soft, warm and quite like a child’s little feet.

But the pitter-patter I am comforted by is not emanating from your breast,
It echoes in my mind a song of joy give by God to fuel my rest.

For it was he that made thee, perfect in every way,
You were Bone of my bone flesh of my flesh I do not know what is to come,
When this life passes I hope to keep your memories in the eternal sum.
a gift that he was proud to give away.

Like all good things I receive from his hand,
It is by grace alone by which I now beside you stand.

Truth be told that in this life there is nothing I have earned,
And so my cry to God is so grateful that in my heart you’re burned.

Forever together is a quote of dreams a fantasy of the mind,
But as long as we two are allowed to breathe on Earth to you I strive to be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment