Total Pageviews

Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 169 - To all my fathers

Being a man from a large family can sometimes be unique and different. Mine to say the least is very diverse and has many facets. There is my mother's side of the family and then my father's and then there are members who hold honorary roles. And so it is no surprise that with fathers day around the corner there is more than one I wish to thank and honour.

To my biological father I wish to thank for his never ending attempts at trying to help out when I am having a difficult time. He has always been eager to lend a supportive word and a friendly ear and I am proud to bare his name. A lot of who I am and my moral background do originates from our relationship. I hope that over the coming years our bond continues to strengthen along with his other children. This may sound strange but I am proud of my father for the lengths in which he has tried to mend the past with all of his children.

To my uncle Bob who I adore and have many things in common, I thank you for your willingness to be my friend at all times and the Love you have always shown me. Truly you could have been my father with some of our shared mannerisms. What I enjoy the most with you, has always been our openness and honest about all topics. I have never felt like I needed to hide anything from you. And when you told me that you think of me as your own son I could not have felt more joy or closer to you. I too feel like your son and hope to honour you as well as my father as best I can, you both encourage me.

To Bill, who cannot be left out of the picture, I tip my hat. A someone who entered the family when I was older, I must say that I admire your poise and composer. I am not the easiest person to deal with and it takes a long time to earn my trust as I am sure you full well know. The fact that you care so much about me and my opinion even if it is not your own is truly amazing. There have been times when we have not seen eye to eye but the level of respect I see between us I cherish deeply. With that being said I wish to say thank you for your patience with me and never doubt my love for you, even if we seem to have a difference of opinion. I still remember your generosity of spirit with me when I was younger and the ball games we shared. I miss those days and think of them often.

Last but certainly not least I wish to extend this last acknowledgement to Baba, my father in law; with whom I enjoy sharing unspoken secrets. With him, I am his son as if I came from his own body. He will always hold a special place in my heart for his quick adoption of me and the respect shown for my actions towards his daughter. His cheer is contagious and I feel always welcome in his presence. Although we speak very little due to language barriers, we know each other very well and can use hands and eyes to express much. I want him to know that there is nothing I wouldn't do for him or his family.

So to my heavenly father who provided all of these men of God I give thanks, praise, and glory, for without them I would not be the man I am today. What great examples of who I wish to be, and hope to be for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment