Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 167 - APC Picnic Thoughts

Once again it was a beautiful day, great for the church BBQ. I had a blast seeing all of my church family again after such a long time away. Just to see their smiling faces and joy, to be a part of something bigger than myself. It was estimated that over 1000 people attended the event and it gave us a chance to reach out to the community around us and offer a welcome in a gentle way.

You know, today I was pondering the meaning of being rich and was thinking to myself what does someone who has a ton of money really benefit from it? Maybe rich cannot be defined by an object or thing but rather measured by ones contentment with ones own self and his so to speak lot in life. Maybe the ability to enjoy the present and the people around him. Where money is cold, hard and anti-social, by difference ones positive attitude can change any circumstance. So I will continue to ponder this question and consider wealth in new ways.

I know that this evening, touching base with my friends and family at the picnic certainly enriched my day and life. Truly I am blessed to be part of the APC family and look forward to celebrating with them again on Friday and Sunday our shared hope and salvation which is the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment