Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 168 Your too emotional

Have you ever just had a cry? You know the one after which you felt so much better? Well I have and it always surprises me at peoples reactions. Even my Omama; who I love, has mentioned that she is a little uncomfortable with the emotional level at APC, my church.

This morning on my way into work I had one of those moments, where it was just me pouring out my heart to my God and nothing stood between us. It was a moment of awe, a moment of repentance, a moment of great gratitude and joy. This is the core of my belief system, an open and honest relationship with my creator, the great I AM, the Holy One, Perfection Realized. And knowing and understanding this truth is why I react with such emotion. It is a total overwhelming realization that I will never ever meet expectations or match up. When we realize God's position in our life we in turn realize our own, this elicits a response, in my case one of emotion.

Don't get me wrong this emotion is good, it is not in the form of despair, but one based on the knowledge that I will not be judge by my own righteousness, but that of God's son Christ Jesus. It is for this reason tears sometimes flood my soul, it is for this reason I sometimes can not find the words to speak. Wonder struck, I stand in awe, thankful, grateful and truly stunned. For Jesus paid it all and all to him I owe; and in the end if I am not true to the recognition of that truth and it's impact on my daily life how real am I living, and how real is my faith?

For if I believe God exists why should I hide my reaction to that fact? What does that say about my faith. So for me I will keep on repenting, keep on peeling away my layers of protection which are an illusion and be as visible to myself as I am with God. For it is written that even the Night is Like Day to You. So the hiding I do is not from God but myself and my understanding of my position in the body of Christ. Denying ones emotions might just lead to the denial of God himself. God forbid.

No comments:

Post a Comment