Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 175 The Great I AM

There is great comfort in knowing that my God is the great I AM. He needs no backing, no reference, no conformation and any proof required, already exists. Walking into work this morning was fantastic as usual and gave me time to ponder and look at the trees, the grass the sky and all of creation. As like most times, questions pop into my head probably like most people. Like how are the trees so diverse? Or why is some grass bluer than others? Of course all these questions are unanswerable and lead to the large question of who created it in the first place?

I never understood how someone could ask themselves about creation and stop there without asking about where it all came from? As I believe in God the answer is clear, concise and definitive. I guess that is what the bible means by building your house on a rock, once you know your origin everything else falls in to place and the question why is just a matter of study. I know I was created to commune with the Lord, my life span is just the exercise of that reality. God’s word; the bible, is there to guide and teach me how best to go about that exercise.

And as I study about the Great I AM, I find comfort, peace, stability and purpose. I thank God for his saving grace and his words, which he left for us to discover and share. Knowing the mind of God is easy, just open the word.

If you like it tweet it using Day 175 The Great I AM http://t.co/zAk72vC
Matthew 3:17
And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Matthew 10:34
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Matthew 10:35
For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Matthew 15:24
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 16:15
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

Matthew 20:15
Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

Matthew 22:32
I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Matthew 24:5
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Mark 12:26
And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?

Mark 13:6
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mark 14:62
And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Luke 12:49
I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?

Luke 12:51
Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:

Luke 21:8
And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

John 5:43
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

John 6:35
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

John 6:48
I am that bread of life.

John 6:51
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 7:28
Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 8:18
I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

John 8:23
And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 8:24
I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:28
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 9:5
As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

John 9:39
And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

John 10:7
Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.

John 10:9
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

John 10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

John 10:14
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

John 12:46
I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

John 13:19
Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:10
Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

John 14:11
Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

John 14:20
At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 15:1
I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.

John 15:5
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

John 17:14
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

John 17:16
They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment