Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 173 My Wifes Amazing Vision

Many people have often asked me how Merna can do this or how Merna can do that. Today I was pondering all of those questions along with the reactions of people who are shocked and amazed when she does something outside of their imagination or without me.

As I have said in the past, WE ARE ALL DISABLED. Some of us have more visible disabilities than others. Merna is no more or less disabled than you or me and before marrying me she was and remains independent and quite capable.

Secondly Merna SEES more than most people, the difference is that she uses her heart more than her eyes. I have noticed frequently that she has the unique ability to focus on the good in people instead of the bad.

Now with regards to the question, “how can she do (blank)”? Let me answer that by saying that with God nothing is impossible and he has provided her with the drive and determination to try until she can. I am very impressed with her ability to try again and again. God has blessed each one of us with gifts; Merna uses all of them to the maximum and is rewarded for her faith. Unseeing faith is the fuel for God’s miracles and I have seen more after meeting her than ever before. Not to brag but Merna can crochet, cook, play the harmonica, play the piano, cycle and she has even driven a car. She even wants to go skydiving but I told her no way; only because I can see the ground coming.

To me she is perfect and if you ask me about vision, I would have to admit that she is quite a vision. Truly I have been blessed to know her.

P.S. Merna likes to be asked about her vision rather than people asking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment