Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 178 Another BBQ

Well we pulled off another great BBQ and were able to avoid rain yet again, although the clouds looked menacing. There is just something about the smell of meat cooked over a flame that makes me hungry just thinking about it. Merna and I have the set up pretty much down to a fine art now and set up takes about 1-2 hours. Everyone loves to eat outside which makes having a large backyard a blessing, the only problem is that we can't have everyone over at once because we know to many people who are eager to visit. We already have 2 more dates scheduled and summer weekends are starting to disappear. This new BBQ makes my life easy, it cleans up fast and seems to cook evenly. When you have the right tools for the job everything goes smoothly. The only problem I seem to have is that everyone brings more food than we can eat and we have a small fridge. I guess that means leftovers for everyone. It was great seeing my nieces and having my father and his wife along with my friend John over. Good company as always leads to good conversation and times.

No comments:

Post a Comment