Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 165 The dreaded taxes

It seems as if I am still running behind in my blogging. A day behind and lots of catching up to do, speaking of which I finally finished my taxes last night. The funny thing about doing taxes is that it forces you to reflect on the entire year, not just on financial matters but all the stops along the way. Even though I perceived the taxes to be a chore, the reality is that it provides a similar outcome as this blog. During the process of doing my taxes I could see that even though my income went down slightly, I was still truly blessed by God last year.

My wife and I were able to give more, I went on my first mission trip with my church APC, we purchased a new home (new to us) and also went on a trip to Niagara on the lake on our first Anniversary. These are the memories which I reflected on and had a chance to enjoy again. So the moral here is when you are doing what seems like a chore you may just receive a blessing instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment