Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 180,181&182 This is the Captian Speaking

Star Date 2011.06.30. Captains Log: I have once again been trapped by time and unable to report back to the ship for two days. Unknown to me time has been stalking me and devising plans to trap me with work, chores, and the mundane. It seems like there is no escaping it's hungry grasp. I am recording these days in the hopes that should I be unable to get back, someone may stumble upon them and know that even though the reports went unposted, I was still thankful for them.

Tuesday was the last day before summer break for the Chester Le Community Connections Crew and it seemed as if everyone involved was in a great mood. Not that we are happy to be finished for the season, but because we look forward to seeing the people and wishing them well over the holidays and truly hope that they have a great summer. As I was loading up the bus my good friend Kevin was BBQ some chicken on the grill. Let me tell you, I almost bit his arm a few times as I went by, the smell was so good it was hard to resist leaping at the food. That's okay I went hungry for a few hours and took out the wife for a late night dinner midweek which should happen more often because we had great fun and a chance to talk. Stolen moments; which are rare, are usually the most treasured. And for us to have a conversation about other things then, what needs to get done around the house, or what needs to be fixed and whats on the shopping list are worth every minute. Of course spending quality time with the wife is not only important but very enjoyable.

Wednesday I started my morning early, I had to be in Barrie for a seminar by 8:30 am. The rental car I drove reminded me how nice it is to have a vehicle. The drive gave me time to listen to some much need sermons which I have been missing from APC on Wednesdays because I now ride my bike instead of driving. Although the day started off raining it did brighten up in the afternoon and on the way home I was able to pick up stuff for my bike and my wife. Doing little things for her like picking up some flower pots for replanting mean so much to her and also hanging up our wedding pictures over the fireplace finally, also made her day. I was also able to clean some of the garage and strip the pews; we reclaimed, of the material to repair some of the benches at church. Merna likes doing projects to help out anyway she can. I love the fact that Merna is unafraid of any challenge. We ended the day with a walk in the park and then some supper. All in all I had a great time and slept like a baby. I can't wait to see what today holds after my walk this morning into work. Being able to talk with the father and praying for a solid period of time really impacts my day in a positive way.

This is the Captain signing off, and for those who don't get the reference, it is from Star Trek. Loved the show and was crazy for the movies, my favorite is The Wrath of Khan and the new prequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment