Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 185 Extended Weekend

Taking off Monday was the right thing to do. Not only did it give me an extra day to rest but more time to connect with the wife. With all of the weekend running around, BBQ, shopping and chores it was nice to have one day to ourselves. Spending a few hours on the beach was what we needed to recharge our batteries. Merna loves the water, she says that the waves are like the Earth's pulse and heart beat which is a nice analogy. It is amazing the peace that we can find by simple slowing down to appreciate creation. With the park being so close and a simple one bus ride away I am sure that this will not be our last trip.

I think that this is the beginning of a new trend and like all new beginnings it is fresh and fun. We are even thinking about buying this style of a tandem Kayak so we can explore the water ways. I just have to figure out how to get the boat onto the bus. Both of us have a sense of adventure and like to try new things, so this week I am going to research perhaps renting a tandem as a trial. For now it is back to work and the beginning of a new fiscal year along with sales forecast and reports. I how that this day too I find new ways to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment