Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 194 - I have changed my mind.

Today seemed like just another day with normal work and other routines. Nothing bad happened and nothing too exciting. But as I sit here typing I realize that there is still much to be thankful for. Around the world there are riots, bombings, financial problems, poverty, wide spread war and disease. I live in Canada and I am happy for it. To say I am lucky would not be appropriate, but rather I have been blessed to live in a country that has so many advantages over others. We have a great health care system, good jobs, natural resources, geographical stability, a large vast quantity of the Earth's water and a general positive regard for others around us. This does not mean that I look down on other nations, just that I have visited enough of them to know that what we have here is more than many places in the world. Canada is where I was born and as with most people, truly we do not know what we have until it is gone. So for just a few moments I will ponder today about what it would be without all of these things.

To my mind leap things like my home, my job,  my siblings, my parents, friends, families, pleasant memories, good health,  the knowledge of God, the blessing of the Lord, his constant presence, his imminent return. So I changed my mind, there is no such thing as a normal day, each is special in it's own unique way. This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment