Total Pageviews

Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 203 For Generosity of Spirit

Last week my father in-law broke his wheel chair, which is pretty much his main mode of transportation. Today thanks to the efforts of a co-workers father and friend he will be getting it back repaired with no cost to him. This generosity of spirit lifts my heart. Simply to know that there are people out there that live outside of themselves and do for others because they can, is a blessing. The Lord truly provides and sometimes he uses others in order to do it.

This leads me to ask myself what am I doing to impact others like the example above. Who am I helping out of the generosity of spirit, what am I doing to effect change and display Christ in my community, work place and home? All of these are good questions to reflect on.  And even though I volunteer a lot of my time in many areas, it is still a good idea to give myself a heart check. For the Lord loves a joyful giver, one who works without accolades and mans approval.

This example has given me a renewed awareness of my own actions and their motives. Truly I have been inspired and hope that I too can be the bringer of help, joy and generosity of spirit to others. Talents he has given are to be used and displayed. May I meet the challenge anew each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment