Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 186 Back to work

Well the return to work from the 4 day weekend was a little bit difficult but needed. The birds outside my windows were so anxious to see me go that they woke me up at 3:48am. That's okay; you know what they say, the early bird gets the worm or is that work? After resting all weekend it was good to be back on the bike and the weather was so nice this morning I didn't want to stop. I can tell that I am ready for a long distance ride, my legs are starting to itch.

After settling in and catching up at work the day seemed to sail along. That's the nice thing about being organized and having a plan, you can slip right back into the groove and keep on moving. Speaking of organized I have to complete my projections for the upcoming fiscal year next year and put into place a solid plan for growth along with execution methods. With the Lords help I am looking forward to a better year and a more focused approach to making more sales. Of course studying, reading industry articles and trying to become a source of knowledge via social media does help too.

Today seemed more productive than most. I rode home, lifted weights, ripped the tree trunk out of the ground and cleaned up the front yard. I guess I am just making up for the weekend. It's funny but sometimes days off can get carried away with themselves and you forget about some of the daily cornerstones of life and things pile up. Distractions arise and thoughts of oh I can do that tomorrow. It happened to me this weekend and I am kind of disappointed in myself, which is probably why I threw myself into today. But today is a new day and thankfully there is time to reset my path. So with my mind firmly planted, I set my sight on tomorrow and bid myself a good rest tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment