Total Pageviews

Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 195 My Plan

Yesterday I woke up and had a plan, have you ever had one? You know things you wanted to get done and in what order. Well I had one yesterday and let me tell you it lasted about 5 minutes after I got to work. Before I had a chance to even change into my work cloths I had to receive an early shipment, followed by 2 walk-in client pick ups and then continuous ringing of the telephone. I was still in my shorts when I had to actually meet with one of my clients and discuss some of his fiber optic cable issues. When the flood of calls and to dos died down it was 11 am already.

All day I was busy trying to catch up and put my plan for the day into effect, it never did happen. All the things I wanted to get done were left undone. Even the one must do, the buying of a new tube for my bike tire never got done. This whole week I have been walking instead of riding and I miss my bike very much. By the time I finally got home I was exhausted and all the house work I had planned went out the window.

Not until this morning; armed with a new perspective did I realize that yesterday despite, "the Plan" was still a good day. I organized all of my 2400 contacts, I brought in lots of sales, I developed some new marketing, I met my wife on the way home, my neighbour gave us a beautiful thank you card, and I got some much needed rest. So the moral to all of this for me is that perhaps the day we are in sometimes looks different the next day and that even though your plans may not happen the day can still turn out good.

No comments:

Post a Comment