Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 187 Where is God?

This morning on my way to work I had to stop at a red light. Now I know a lot of drivers go out of their way to miss red lights, but let me tell you it is worse for cyclist. As the light turned green I was passed by another rider who was carried his momentum passed me and ahead. Now remember I told you that riders hate waiting at lights, well it is worse to have someone pass you while you are standing still. I mean this guy blew by me like he was a rocket, it took me a quarter block to catch him and overtake him, that's hard work. Trying to catch up with a rider that is already at optimal pedal stroke after you have been standing still is not the easiest thing to do. I find that catching up is hard, both in riding and in life.

This event got me to think about where I am right now in my life and by life I mean all aspects. I am sure that I am not alone when I say that sometimes in life we can be caught standing still. Sure we had plans, goals, concepts and to do lists, but for some reason that all seemed to fade and disappear. All of a sudden you find yourself in a routine, comfortable and mildly content. Nothing exciting, no adventure, no risks and no pain, no gain. This is when you are suppose to push the hardest, and grow and I don't mean in size. I mean in character, in heart and spiritually. But as I said I have been caught standing still. The good thing about this realization is that I can change my daily routine and get back to the growth part of my life.

Since I returned from Israel I have missed a few events at church, missed a few bible readings here and there and have not been as fervent in the prayer department as I should be. Is it no wonder that I am left asking the question, Where is God? The answer is simple, if you draw unto me, I will draw unto you saith the Lord. So this disconnected feeling can be patched and corrected simply through prayer and meditation in God word, the Bible. It is with renewed zeal and vigor that I will boldly come unto the Lord. He is my source of everything not myself. I have been doing things on my own and it is no wonder things don't always go the right way. "All things work for good to those who love God." It is time for me to awake from this sleep of contentment and press in to the heart of my God and listen to its instructions. I want to GROW in heart, body, soul and mind and so I return to truth and source of all life and my breath, Jesus. God it seems is right where I LEFT HIM, waiting for me to come to him. As he is constant, it is self evident that I and not he moved away from this communion and my current status in life is evidence to that fact. But he is faithful to forgive; and so I turn back, I chase after him hard, like a son running after his father.

The best part of all, is that he loves me despite myself and that my salvation is based not on my righteousness but his. And so hope is once again realized, and I claim it in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment