Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 206 Blah days

Sunday was kind of an odd day for us, having come home at such a late hour really threw us off. So much so that we barely did anything accept mope around. Both Merna and I were not to keen of the fact that we got nothing really done. Oh sure we got the dishes done and odd chores here and there but nothing really substantial. Nothing really beats the feeling of getting things done and complete, of this Merna and I are of the same mind.

Off days are never fun for anyone. Feeling blah just, well, feels blah. Isn't it great that God invented days and sleep? I mean all it takes is a little rest, some peace and the first few sun rays to change your whole perspective. I went from blah to great in only 8 hours. Can you imagine if God created only one day, no night, no rest, no sleep? Something as simple as sleep can reset our whole, mind body and I often wonder if also our soul. Many times I have been privileged to wake up singing to my hearts delight.

These gifts, and that is what they are, are from the Lord and should always be acknowledged as such. As the bible states there is a season for everything and everything a season. So in whatever state I find myself I always try to find the Lords will and if I can't, I thank him anyways. He loves me and knows whats best and there is a comfort in that knowledge. The limited discomfort that I feel in the here and now will be far out weighed by the will of God in the future.

So even on the blah days I will try and remember that this is a day that the Lord has made we will rejoice and be glad in it. For just like the first days of creation, today may also be a day he looks down and says it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment