Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 202 Just let it go

Having a rough day today, full frustration and interruptions as well as bad news. Sometimes it is hard to deal with the disappointment that expectations bring. As humans we sometimes heap up our expectations onto others and when they fail to meet them, we can become despondent. I used to be much worse, just ask my buddy John, he will tell you still, that I am the most angriest driver he has ever met.

Of course driving is just one area where this type of behaviour has gotten me into trouble. I have; thank God, improved considerably in the driving arena. But in business, I still find it hard from time to time to accept the lack of excellence and effort shown by others that ultimately impacts my job as a sales person. Everyone in business, now, here, this, Customer service is King. Your clients perception of you is all that matters and if you don't work as a team with the rest of the points of contact within an organization, you will lose them.

Being a sales guy is very often difficult and when others around you are not on the same program and your efforts are spent for not, it is sometimes hard to keep calm. There are benefits to being this focused at work however. I get more things done then other people before noon. I have taught myself multiple skills that I will never lose, my do it right the first time attitude and hard work ethics will not fail me where ever I go. My efforts are directly linked to my earnings and all I have to do to get a raise is work hard. I also have the privilege of having a loyal customer base, some of whom I have dealt with for over 15 years and I call my friends. To be considered a trusted resource of information is flattering at times.

Most important of all; is that even I have failed to meet expectations as well, and not just a regular Joe either. Jesus my saviour and Lord loved me so much that despite my short comings he paid the price on the cross for them. God loved the world so much that he gave his only son. So with that being said who am I to judge others, when I have received absolution from my failures and past with such freedom?

Does not the bible state, freely you have received and freely we should give. In other words, since you have been forgiven by the perfect one, should you not forgive with the same compassion and freedom. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. It is also written that be the same measure we judge it shall be meted to us.

So when I am down and frustrated at others, I will try to humble myself, as with driving, take a deep breath and just let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment