Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 200 Married Life

Here I am at home after a long day at work, sitting across from my wife wondering what I am going to write about today in my blog. After all it is day 200 another century mark and something I believe deserves a good post. The blogs whole purpose was meant as a reminder of the things in life that I should be thankful for. And as I talk with my wife about her day, I realize that our friendship is something worth mentioning. Not because I believe that we are perfect, because we are not.

Even during our conversation she mentions that sometime she doesn't tell me things if she thinks that it might upset me. But for the most part we are both transparent with one another, sharing our woes and our glorys. The comfort that we have with one another is fantastic and I cannot image it any other way. With other people I usually catch myself asking what is their agenda with the information we are discussing, but not with her. She is the most caring and genuine person I know and when I remember that she loves me and married me I still shake my head. To call her a friend is a blessing, but to be able to say I share my life with her is inexpressible sometimes.

The Bible states that as a married couple we become as one and for that I am truly grateful, for as time goes by she tempers my spirit. She is my conscience and my gentleness and I can learn many lessons of grace watching her interact with others. May I continue to have moments of awareness that remind me that she is great and that I love her dearly. May the moments of taking her for granted dwindle a little more each day.

It may be blog day 200 but being married to her for 1 Year, 9 months and 1 day is a greater reason to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment