Total Pageviews

Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 109 - Forgiveness

I just finished praying through all of my life, what a great feeling. At first I didn't know what to be thankful for today or the topic of this blog, so I went back to the source.

The Holy Spirit, the Bible says, makes intercessions for us when we do not know how to pray or what to ask for. Today I was prompted to seek freedom. Freedom from my past and the perceived injuries and hurt I have received from others throughout my life. I guess it was time to throw out some garbage. I mean how can you be filled with the spirit if your heart is harbouring bitterness, anger, hurt or even fear?

The process of forgiveness works in two ways, it frees the injured and the source. PS most time the source has no clue of the injury. As the Word states, "For all have sinned and fallen short of the Glory of God," and " By the same measure we meet other, we also shall be measured."

Since Christ who paid the price of the cross is the source of all forgiveness and extended this Grace to me, how can I; being sinful, not do the same for another? Are we not all lost, broken and in need? Truly is the Lamb; and him alone, worthy of all the Praise, the Glory, and the Honour. Lord forgive me today for the standard by which I measure others,  that I would not hold myself up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment