Total Pageviews

Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 120 - Why we do things.

I read the Gold-Medal Effort Daily Bread sermon today and it gave me a chance to reflect on my life and recent activities. Like most people I lead a busy life, but try to maintain a semblance of balance. Work takes up a large portion of my time and so it should for it is my duty and privilege to support my household. Normal chores, like shopping, groceries and laundry take up time as well. Spending time with my family also is sometimes difficult, I have a very large family. I also enjoy fellowshipping with my church family on Fridays and Sundays. That being said I have to consider if I spend enough of the time doing things for my glory or the glory of God? Don't get me wrong; I do volunteer twice a week with Community Connections, but I have to ask if that is really enough. I mean what does God think about it? Is it enough? Is that how he measures? Maybe we can do everything, for the Glory of God even our chores?

My life can become a whirl wind sometimes, and I think that at times God gets lost in the shuffle. Perhaps it is not what you do that matters, but the motive behind what you do. From now on I will make an extra effort to bring him into every detail of my life. After all isn't that what Christ did, and aren't we also called to take up our cross and die daily? It should be not I but Christ in me that lives. And if I involve him in all aspects of my life won't that impact all of those I love around me? and all of those I should love? The truth of the matter is; as I see it, is that if we do everything down to the smallest thing with the mindset of glorifying God won't we in turn find blessing and bless everyone around us?

All good questions, let's see how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment