Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day One Hundred & One - The Art of making friends.

It been a long time since I have been in the playground or at school, I won’t tell you the number of years. But needless to say after high school most people have connected with the friends that they will have for the rest of their life. Sometimes people can connect with co-workers but that is very seldom, because after spending eight plus hours a day with someone it is usually time for a break.

But I am here to let you in on a little secret, I found a way to make friends in the later part of my life. How you ask? Through my church APC, and a greater bunch of people you cannot find. Heck some of these people are more like family. It has to be the atmosphere and transparency, which is tangible in the halls. These people are genuine and really care, not just about themselves but others. The fact that Christ is present and his spirit is moving within plays a large part.

As they say you are defined by the people you associate with. So I advise that if you need an attitude adjustment or a boost, visit your local church. For me I will continue to try and exercise my new attitude and focus on others instead of myself. For when the whole body of Christ does this, none are found to be lacking. Strangely enough, when you start off trying to bless others, it usually backfires (you get blessed as well). So join a small group, extend yourself and help someone else and see how easy it is to make a new friend. As Jesus said “Follow me.”

Philippians 2:1-5 (King James Version)

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

No comments:

Post a Comment