Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day Ninetysix - The Next Evolution

After a discussion with a friend last night, I think that my Blog postings need to go to the next evolutionary stage of not just listing some inactive, disconnected items, but tell a story. The hope is that the story will encourage others to share and break bonds within their own lives and perhaps allow them to do the same by telling their own stories. I am not sure how long I can keep this up but I guess it is worth at least try. All the items for which I am thankful for will be highlighted to add the necessary emphasis.

This morning started a little late but I did get a chance to open the Community paper and read about 3-4 stories regarding food distribution by charities in the city of Toronto. It got me to thinking that not only am I grateful to have enough food for my family, but also have the opportunity to work with some wonderful people who share their time as a part of Community Connections. For those unaware Community Connections is a ministry which APC has been involved with for over 10 years twice a week, which delivers food to the Baymills and Chester Lee in the Scarborough Area.

Every week these faithful few not only provide warm meals and groceries, but also a friendly and deep concern for their well being. Sister Gloria has known some of these people for quite sometime and when they miss a week is keenly aware that perhaps they require additional attention and concern. What can I say other than God works, as always in mysterious ways. I have only been with the group a short time but feel like I have been the one blessed and in a away set free. It is my hope that I can, with time share what God has done for me with some of the people we currently serve.

One of the articles I read today was specifically mentioning a service for the elder population within the area and because I live with a senior this of course spoke directly to me. I hope that my sharing these type of things with my church family will bring about a new awareness and positive action. If anyone is interested in volunteering or learning more please feel free to send me an email. In the meantime enjoy your weekend and remember that when you help some one you are not just fulfilling a need, but also scripture and bringing Glory to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment