Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 112 - Social Media

Social Media is a new and popular concept and fostering a new wave of communication. It seems as if everyone is jumping on to the bandwagon. There are varied opinions on it affect on the general populous and it impact. I agree that one must always guard themselves from external influence, and that the bible even mentions to “Guard your mind.” I believe that when used with moderation; as with all things, this form of contact can be good even great.

As with all forms of communication, whom you come in to contact and association with is the main driving factor. Since I wanted it to be a source of exhortation, uplifting and words of timely wisdom and insight, I have made sure that those I follow are like-minded. Now through twitter, facebook and numerous other blogs and media, I am kept up to date with the pulse of my fellow Christians and community. Sometimes I receive messages of needs, notes on events and news and at other times words needed to be heard at the right moment. Overall the experience has been a positive one.

So if you are looking for a new way to connect, be encouraged and share your thoughts with others why not give twitter or blogging a try. After all your problems and eventual solution may help a friend in need.

1 comment:

  1. Well its about time I comment. I enjoy reading your posts when I get a chance to! I think social media can be a good thing as long as the person realizes that nothing is private online. My rule for posting online is post as though everyone can see it and read it and that should keep me out of trouble for the most part. a little wisdom and common sense goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete