Total Pageviews

Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 236 I Offer Poems To Show Thanks For My Wife

Dozen


A dozen roses I do send,
To bring you a smile and not to offend.

Red and fragrant they do smell,
A feeling of endearment they do tell.

Vibrant and full of sentiment and life,
Chasing away the blues and any present strife.

A story given physical form,
Words of love meant to adorn.

In hopes of the sender to bring a smile,
To the one who receives them without guile.

And so the twelve are sent in place of one,
Full of grandeur, glee and fun.

Some would say it is an empty gesture,
For me it is meant to lift my true treasure.

Even though the dozen roses are nice,
Not even a thousand would suffice.

For gifts are only a token,
Of things unsaid and rarely spoken.

To which I end this poem with one last line.
My love for you is what I wish to give and let shine.

The Gardener


On my flower I do focus my care,
And provide increase through conscience word and deed.

At her beauty the world doth gape and stare,
My pleasure ever increased as I, you feed.

A skilled gardener a Husband must be,
Tender with pruning and full of goodly attention.

I bask and enjoy her full glory when bloomed is she,
And so with great pride and satisfaction, to my desert flower I pledge all my love and affection.

But to other men a warning I send, that thorns will appear in your life’s yard through disregard and neglection.

Little Kisses


Some are big and some are small,
But little kisses I like most of all.
Planted delicately on your cheek,
Cherished most of all when your are a sleep.
Missed through out my day,
They are brighter than any sunray.
Cozy warm and full of love,
Soft and gentle like a dove.
Given eagerly without reply,
Better than words, they cannot lie.
To you I give them with all my heart,
To my day I can think of no sweeter start.

One So Fair


What can I say to one so fair?
I thank the lord everyday for you in prayer.

A gift so great only one can compare,
Your inner beauty makes one stop and stare.

Kind in heart and larger in spirit,
A love so great I almost fear it.

What can I do to deserve such a gift?
What can I do or say to give her a lift?

Only return the same in kind,
An exchange of hearts, assurance signed.

To you I gladly give my pledge.
My love for you takes off, bird like from a ledge.

So if at times my words go awry,
Please remember it gets better with each new try.

What shall I liken thee unto?


What shall I liken thee unto?
How can I describe your attributes for you to truly see?

I could say that your heart is large it is beyond compare,
Always sympathetic showing remarkable care.

I could say that your mind is focused and steadfast,
Always thinking of ways to help others never dwelling on the past.

I could tell stories and regale crowds about your strength,
Always persevering, going the distance, going further than the prescribed length.

I could say that you have a quite old soul,
Full of understanding and virtue on the whole.

I could mention your work ethic and unstoppable hands,
Articles made with which are know not only here but also in other lands.

I could tell of your beauty both inside and out,
How you sparkle like a jewel and shine light all throughout.

I could tell you all these things, which are written in a language unable to describe,
Your true value to me with which I can claim ownership and declare with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment