Total Pageviews

Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 228 My Blog

Once again I am inspired to write about this blog and it's positive effect on my daily life. The reflection and meditation on those things which I am thankful for has changed not only my perspective by some of my behaviour patterns. Gratefulness has a lot of side effects and tends to temper all forms of communication with others. Patience and long suffering come as a result from being both content and thankful in all aspects of life.

The knowledge that God has brought all things into one's life for a reason, stops the blame game fairly quickly. Pride however, still raises its ugly head from time to time but for the most part this exercise has been a good one. As the days go by and I near my goal of a full year of blogging I wonder what I am going to do once day 365  gets here. I really like blogging and putting my thoughts down so I can revisit and review them. I can gauge my progress over the year and see an evolution of myself which is kind of cool.

Sometimes I find it difficult to start my daily entry, but as I type the thoughts just seem to flow onto the virtual paper. Today is Friday and once again I find my mind wandering toward this evening and the Converge group. We are scheduled to have a presentation on El Salvador and the mission trip which I think will impact the whole group and change not only the lives of those who went but those who hear and absorb the message, I can't wait. The only thing that would top this is if I was able to go, I do so miss the blessings of a mission trip. The whole concept is to go and help others and God in his fashion takes that concept and turns it on its head and blesses the giver as well as the receiver. There is no greater feeling than knowing you are where God wants you and doing what he wants, it's very liberating and fulfilling. May he be with those presenting this evening and may his will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment