Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 239 Choice

As with all of us I have a past, some are more spotted with disappointment than others. The good news is, that it doesn't have to be for the rest of your life. If you don't like who you are with all of that baggage then we have an option, a choice. The choice we all share and have an opportunity to choose, is forgiveness. Just like most things in life every choice has side effects. This one just happens to be a good one. We as humans have a very big problem and that my dear friend is carrying every past problem with us and letting it affect who we are in the present.

To stop this one must break the link between all that has happened in the past, and the only one to do that for us is Jesus Christ. His forgiveness knows no bounds, be it time or otherwise. Once you accept him your past can no longer hold you back unless of course you let it. As Jesus said in the Bible, come to me all who are weary and heavily laden and I will give you rest. That rest is available to all of us, no matter what burdens and past we carry. The choice is up to us, of course there is still one concern once you hand over all of this baggage. How do I keep from picking up more? Good point, well we are called to remain in the word aka Bible. The Bible is kind of like a text book on how to live your life and avoid all of the issues that may arise. The difference now that you accepted Christ is that you have a helper, his Holy Spirit. Not to say that you are now perfect, only that you are vouched for by God's son. The Spirit, the bible states will guide you into all truths, which means we don't have to make any more mistakes, isn't that great news.

The reason I chose to write this in my blog is because I am studying how to be more connected with the spirit to change for the better. I am learning how to live and listen to the spirit so I can understand and follow the Lords will. I mean come on, how well was I doing without him, look at all the luggage I left behind. Why not let the creator of the world guide you, he does know how it will all end anyway. He also knows the best you, you can be and how to get to that place. So for myself I chose to follow and express my gratitude for the grace shown to me through his son Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment