Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 214 Restoration

Once again I am thankful for the healing powers of sleep, I feel like a new man. And just as easy as I get physically drained I sometimes find myself spiritually drained as well. The key in getting over this hump is to remain in the word, just like sleep revives the body. The scriptures reawaken and enliven the soul, as the Bible states in Matthew 11:28 King James Version (KJV)  28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Lately I have been a little too concerned with my body than with my spirit and the results are easily seen. Sometimes it is hard to live a balanced life style, and doing what is right or best is often difficult. That is why daily devotions and prayer should be a part of every Christians day. For in every aspect in life it is the preparation for the difficult days that are the basis of our ability to cope. No one gets up in the morning and then runs a marathon without first training. In the same fashion, no one wakes up and finds himself untouched by the problems of the world. Daily exercise in the mind, body and spirit are required in order to strengthen the whole. And when that rough day comes you will be prepared to handle it because of your preparation.

So for me I intended to get back to work on being in God's word and listening to his Spirit and I encourage you to do the same. You can find many resources in my blogs link section if you need a point in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment