Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 235 The Power of Worship

On my way into work this morning I was once again enjoying talking to God. I find that it is only in the moments when I am alone and it is quite that I feel the closest with the father. It is in this place that not only does my mouth and mind sing, but my heart and spirit as well. As a result of this genuine communication, powerful emotions can rise up within me. I find that when I worship out loud without restraint that a sense of his presence is felt along with his spirit being stirred up within me. For those who do not believe in God or his son Jesus Christ this might all sound crazy, however this is what I would call a heart to heart conversation. As the words of song and praise are sung, they reinforce the fact that God is God and awesome in stature. That awareness further reminds you that you are not and that there is a huge gap between the two of you which was bridged by his Son on the cross. Of course as the understanding and realization of what Jesus did for me impresses itself upon my mind, emotions of gratitude mingled with sorrow and joy can overtake you. Once this happens I usually become incoherent at which point the spirit must do most of the communication with the father.

The Power of worship is this, that in the act of worship we gain perspective, reflection of what God and Jesus have done to save us from our sins and self as well as identifying things in the now that still need work along with the encouragement to continue. I also realize that I do not want anything to stand in the way between me and my father because I know that only in his presence can I experience pure joy and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment