Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 220 Spoken Word

Have you ever been in a situation where you just feel like you have been backed into a corner and can't seem to find your way out? Well I have, many times and I don't know about you but I don't like it. Not only is it unpleasant and uncomfortable but also frustrating. I mean sometimes it just feels like you can't catch a break and that perhaps the world is against you. When I am caught in this kind of a situation it is possible that I might panic and do something I wouldn't normally do. It is at times like this that we can find ourselves very vulnerable and so instinctively we bolt.

In this mind frame many times we make the wrong choices, which is where I come to the point and say I want to make the right choice more often. The question is how is that possible, I mean you're being squeezed here, and options are getting limited. But just like when I am in the scenario, my perception is not always a reality. Our focus has been narrowed and fixated on a very small issue and not the big picture. This is what I need to work on, this moment when I would do anything to change a situation. Not easy and certainly very hard. But I must again turn to the Bible and God's words for the answer and the wisdom within.

The Bible states, that in every scenario or temptation that he will not do so beyond our capabilities and always provide an escape. That means that our primary reaction should be to seek the Lord first, which requires putting away that prideful concept that, "I can handle this," and ask him for guidance. Now I stink under pressure, so this lesson is something that I need to learn as quickly as possible. To humble oneself is not easy, but I have found something that helps me get into the right frame of mind.

Repeating memory verses, for me seems to set my mind at peace and strengthens me in my weakest moments. I have known this for some time and yet only realized today, that when spoken out load in times of struggle there can be found great comfort and strength. So I have come to the conclusion that once again the Bible has provided great guidance when suggesting hiding the Lord's words in my heart. Psalm 119:11
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalm 119:114 Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word. Psalm 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me. Psalm 119:76 Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant. Job 4:4 Thy words have upholden him that was falling, and thou hast strengthened the feeble knees. Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.  Psalm 119:28 My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.

God's Word is alive and active, it has great power and might in times of trouble. What other source should I go to first that would help me better or faster? None. So I will meditate upon the Lord and his Word and hide it in my heart and speak it aloud in times of trouble.



No comments:

Post a Comment