Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 240 Rough Start to Community Connections

Well last night was the beginning of the new season for the Community Connections outreach ministry into the Chester Le Community. We were well received as always, but the numbers were a little bit down probably due to the summer holidays and activities. I had the privilege of giving the opening prayer and had a nice time catching up with the regulars and meeting a few new people as well. Things seemed to be moving along quite well until we went to leave. That is when we ran into some trouble, the bus refused to start. After several attempts at getting the bus to turn over we decide to get the church van and try to boost it. That too failed to work and we were forced to abandon the bus and return via the van.

All that being said, I think all the parties involved show the character to persever and overcome any obstacle and worked great as a team. Who knows maybe that was God's plan all along. I can't stress enough how much this ministry means to me and even more so now.

I have been reading James and studying on how to be in the spirit more and developing my faith. I find it interesting that it has been mirroring my life as of late. James MacDonald one of my favorite ministers said, Faith is the switch to gain access to the power of the spirit." and I believe it. The whole Bible is filled with the benefits of faith and the fact that it is the core of Christianity. A good definition of faith would be "Believing the Word of God and acting on it no matter how I feel because God promises a good result."

The power of faith of course cannot be realize until it is combined with works, for faith on its own has no reward. This idea of faith being dead without works links in with ministry, not just Community Connections but every ministry. It boils down to loving thy neighbour as thy self and not living for your lusts alone. The Bible states in James 4 :17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. Works aka ministry is our chance to Glorify God and bless him, honour his Son as well as reach and bless others. So for my part I Thank God for giving me an opportunity to use the talents he has provided to Glorify him through helping others. May the Community Connects Crew act as the Body of Christ in unison and show his true love and grace. Amen.

O yeah and if anyone can donate a bus to the church that would be fantastic. This ministry reaches about 200 people per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment