Total Pageviews

Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 218 Helping others

Very humbled today that I had the opportunity to help someone very close to me with some big issues. The fact that they felt comfortable with sharing so much was very touching. Having the privilege to speak into someone else's life is something special and does not happen everyday. Just the fact that they knew I was available was nice to know. Not that I have all of the answers by any means, but at least the history of being a good listener. At times like these I thank God for all of the things I have gone through in life including what most would be considered as bad. For it is the overcoming of these life obstacles that give each one of us the ability to take that which is not ideal for good. The whole conversation also concreted one thing for myself and that is my utter reliance on the lord for everything. For when the foundation of your life and everyday is on the immortal, unmovable and faithful God, you are prepared and can deal with whatever life may bring. Just to clarify this does not mean that nothing bad will happen to me just that I know he will be there to take me through the hard times just as he does the good.

Thank you Jesus for giving me a new life and understanding of building your house upon a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment