Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 233 Time with my wife

It was on Tuesday evening that I had the privilege to be alone with my wife at home, which does not happen too often. Both of us work a full day and find little time during the week to connect like we do on the weekends. So it was nice to be able to share some alone time with each other sharing and talking. That morning I actually sent her and email, letting her know that I couldn't wait until we were retired and then we can walk and talk and share more adventures with each other. I even said that she could visit a few stores for shopping, of course she laughed at the mention of "the few". I think I may be in for some trouble.

Anyway back to the topic of time and my wife. For those of you who do not know me time is a bigger commodity to me than money, which means I value it very highly and don't like to waste it. So for my wife and I to sit on the beach, take a walk or share sometime talking under a tree or in a cafe is very special to me. Her happiness and well being are important and she and I both deserve time in our relationship. I can't really express to you in written words why I like spending time with her, but put simply I love her. It not what we do together so much as the who we are doing it with. Sure we have fun together and laugh and argue just like everyone else, but where I think we are different is that we have accepted each other for who we really are. I don't have to hide the real me, which is great and relaxing. So time with my wife is kind of a break from the world and its expectations of me and I wouldn't trade it for any sum of money.

Sometimes things can be said better in a poem.

To my wife of now two hundred and twenty three days,
I send you from my craving heart its ever-beating waves.

Like a drum it keeps rhythm to the thoughts in my mind,
Visions of you float to the surface and with my conscience bind.

Unforgettable and memorable has been each passing day,
Words cannot express the fullness of love I wish to say.

Knowing that this world will some day come to an end,
Intensifies the affection that I have lovingly penned.

Great comfort is found in knowing that when all is said and done,
We two will be together always, between the dawn and setting sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment